Mel Gibson. Phone rantings provoked?

Do you think some of his rantings were provoked? The phone ones? She sounded really calm on the phone while he was really, really ticked off, like he was provoked. Now, I know his history, so I am NOT saying he's innocent or anything like that. But she sure sounded like she was egging him on, to get him more upset because she knows how to push his buttons. What do you think?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wondered this too, but someone made an insightful comment about abuse victims being very docile in order to try and not further provoke the other person. I'm on the fence and it's almost impossible to get the whole story from the he-said, she-said. So who knows.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah, I know. I have to say, I'd do the same thing though. I'd provoke him if I were here. Except, he doesn't need it! He doesn't need help getting himself into hot water!
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Since you only get half the phone calls yes, & shes barely ever says anything, Yes I do.. I know hes messed up in the past, but you have to wonder what the hell she said to set him off. I smell a set up
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ha anyone else noticed how it sounds spliced? i don't trust her but i am not saying he is an angel either. her ex says she will make a man pay because she is all about money
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm pretty convinced he's been provoked. Who knows... maybe they provoke each other? But in general people don't act like that for "no reason". We never hear the FULL story. I guarantee you there's a LOT more to it than we'll ever know.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It doesn't even sound real. It sounds like she recorded it, then took out all of her responses, and redid it. So now she sounds like a wanna-be oh-so-inocent victim. It just sounds so fake. She's does music work, she'd know how 'cut and paste' that kind of stuff.
    KricketMother09

Answer by KricketMother09 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010