What do you expect to pay for things at yard sales?

Can you give me some ideas?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• Part of it depends on where you live. Stuff we'd sell at ours for 2 or 3 here I know would go for 8 or 10 a few subdivisions over (the ones where they have 5 car garages, iron gates and only do one group sale a year). It might be the same shirt from Kohl's, but people will automatically think it's worth more at one of those houses. Out here where the sane people live, clothes, movies, cd's and kid stuff under $5. Appliances up to $20 depending on condition and what exactly it is (got $15 for a 30 year old fondue pot and only $5 for a 2 yr old handmixer, go figure). Random weird big stuff we just put "make an offer" on the tag.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have them my self I price it what I would want to pay like 25 cents to a dollar for clothes. Really depending on what your selling. I expect that I will pay more at an actual second hand store than at a yard sale..If that makes sense??lol When I go and see alot of high prices I leave. If you got alot 25 cents adds up over the day I've found
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Half the price of the item or less.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• clothes less than $5...

furniture up to $20,

toys, board games, books, $1 or less

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• so two dollars for a dress that was 50+ and worn once is reasonable, right?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Next to nothing :)

Seriously, though, I guess it would depend on the item, it's age, how much wear and tear is on it, etc. Not sure I can help.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah thats more then reasonable :) If it is a fancy dress I would put $10 and let people talk me down.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Also if your unsure just make sure that you have a sign that says your negotiable..if you are

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Less than $10
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Not much - some people like to dicker.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010