Have you gotten your Smart Meter?

My friendly meter man just put mine in. I remember this being talked about a couple of years ago. I don't know who wrote the bill nor do I care either? Maybe I'll look it up after I cool down.
I thought it was in the Cap and tax bill that didn't pass. I was obviously wrong. It was either stand alone or slipped into another bill so no one would know. Yes. it's Mandatory and you have been paying for it since 2 of /07. Check your bills. $3.24 until 2/11 and then $3.05 for up to 10 years. $443.76 for something I don't want. I guess I should thank them for giving me the payment plan. NOT.
I know there are some of you green gurus who love the idea. Of course I don't think you have done any recent research about it. There is far more bad press than good. Whole cities are suing as they find inaccuracies and higher bills.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no doubt that mine will be slipped onto my new house before I move in. Wednesday.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was reading about it.  We don't have one. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Don't have one yet - but we aren't finished building our house.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If it is Green,I am all for it,obviously.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes- I've had a smart meter in the last 4 places where I've lived- It's America it's all about eliminating labor.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Labor? You mean jobs? Oh it does that but that's not what it is all about. It's all about the government getting their dirty little hands into every ones business because they think they know best.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We just got ours a few months ago.

Thanks for the bad news.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We don't have one ~ yet ~ and I hope to have all of the solar up and running before they get here. The entire idea that gubmint wants to monitor me that closely or subject everyone to rolling brown outs/black outs is just too much control. I'll get my electric from the sun thank you very much and stay off grid entirely if it comes down to that. For that matter, I'd rather live without electricity entirely ... I would hope that's green enough to suit anyone.

Nosy intrusive gubmint is NOT what the COTUS calls for. I'm already grudging about taxes given the waste, abuse, and fraud. This little jewel doesn't do anything to rearrange my thoughts.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have lived in 4 homes in the last year. Right before we moved out of the first house, they installed our meter. In the 2 second and third homes the meters were already in place. In June, we moved to the our 4th location and the week we moved in, they came to install the meter. I told my husband, I think they're following us!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Okay, I don't know if I have one or not. What do I look for on the meter to determine if I do?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010