Finding long (below the knee) skirts for toddlers...

is like finding wings for a pig to fly. anyone know anywhere i can find some in size 2T?? old navy had them a few years ago, but they don't anymore...not even online.

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you need it for religious reasons? I think skirts a bit shorter for toddlers would help with ease walking. 

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Target has really nice and cute girl clothes,I shop there for my 4 year old daughter time to time and they just got in some adorable dresses and skirts.I hope this helps some.
    BrownEyes10

Answer by BrownEyes10 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My SIL always buys dresses a couple sizes large for her daughters to go to church and school in. They'll wear a tshirt or turtleneck underneath if the dress is too wide.

Not the best solution, but it's practical.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My girl went through a long skirt phase and I only found them used, no brand tag. They were all 2-3 sizes big and made to be short but fell just below the knee cap on her. I would suggest finding them up to a size 6 or so and taking in thw waist. I think I saw some a few months bag in Gymbaree (spelling off), a kid's clothing store. Also check thrift stores and goodwills, they always have good shape, couple year old clothes. Long skirts may not really be in style so it would be hard to find them new. Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yeah i'm starting to get back into church..have been for a while...this summer was easy for her...not so much for me, she already had some skirts, i however didn't have as many...and we're strapped on money...so i put myself off and buy things for the kids.
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would just find a skirt you like and them re-sew the seams on the sides so it fits right... It's nearly impossible to find skirts like that.
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 12:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• just make them yourself! get a pattern and make it longer
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sorry to tell you, but if you think you are having problems NOW, wait till she gets out of size 6X. It is NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to find modest dresses or skirts for girls sizes 7to 14. We had people looking all over for them. I ended up making or having made most of my daughter's dresses during that size range.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 2:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• plclemo really? it's gotten pretty bad then, i was raised in this church, and never had a problem finding skirts for myself or my sister. it must have been kind of "in" then. i thought of changing pants into skirts, but i don't have the time or the patience to do it.
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• french toast and educational outfiters has some :P
    http://www.educationaloutfitters.com/
    http://www.frenchtoast.com/
    cmarkle

Answer by cmarkle at 12:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2012