Has anyone lost one of their parents in the last year?

My mom passed away in June---I'm just wondering how everyone else has dealt with the loss?

kgcmomma

Asked by kgcmomma at 11:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I lost my mother last Sept 26 and my father April of this year, plus a son in Jan '07. I am just existing each day one day at a time.
    nanasally

Answer by nanasally at 11:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I haven't lost anyone, but my boyfriend lost his mom to ovarian cancer on October 19th last year. He's really getting depressed now that the one year anniversary is just ten days away. There have been many good days and many bad days this year. In the beginning he had a lot of nervous breakdowns because he just couldn't deal with the fact that she wasn't there anymore. He's visited her grave at lest twice every month. He and his siblings put roses on it on her birthday and on Mother's Day. His family is planning a memorial service at her church on the 19th. It's been really hard, especially with me being pregnant with our first baby and all. But I think we're going to be okay. She's in a better place now and she's his guardian angel.

If you wanna talk or anything, you can message me. I'm not looking forward to the day when I lose my mom at all, I'm really sorry that you're having to go through this tough time :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I lost my mother Feb 17th 2008, The days do not get easier at all and some days are a lot harder than others. Some days I can laugh and talk about the thing my mom did that were funny and others you just mention the word mother and I am bawling my eyes out. I am still learning to cope with her being gone but it is not easy and I don't expect it to be
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008