If you thought Christians would listen, what would you say to them?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 12:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• And, most importantly of all, if you really do have the strength of your convictions, STOP hiding behind anonymous buttons.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I hope that since you are implying that christians never listen to anyone with a different set of opinions, that you yourself will listen openheartedly when christians talk as well. I actually enjoy listening to other people from other religions and learning about others religions. I know many other christians do to. There are many that dont, but thats just like any religion really. I guess the point that I am trying to make, is christians are not the only ones that do not listen to others.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sweet-a-kins ... Jesus is the Son of God and part of the Trinity. He didn't go to heaven, He went back to heaven. BIG difference.

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sometimes I feel that religion has no place in certain topics and religious people have trouble being able to wrap their head around it without referencing their religion. Quoting the bible does not answer my question or settle an argument for me if I don't read or follow it. So I wish Christians and people of other faiths were better able to understand that while their religion is important and sacred to them, it is not important or sacred to me.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Do you find hypocrisy in the religion?

I would like to answer this question. While I do not find hypocrisy in the religion, I do sometimes find it in the people. The self-proclaimed Christians that preach the gospel but do not follow it in their everyday lives are hypocrites. The people that sneer at the flaws of others and use their religion to make them feel superior are also hypocrites. Hypocrisy is not only in Christianity though. Hypocrites come from all backgrounds and walks of life unfortunately.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ihartu, I do listen. I just don't always agree.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Practice what you preach!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I understand where you're coming from, but honestly, (ahem) we're not all like that. I understand that I can't prove to you what I believe. I understand that Paganism has helped shape how we celebrate Christianity. I even feel that God has many names and I'm not the one to decide who calls him what.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• mommy of two I actually agree with you, I dont think that is the best way to spread the word. It just turns people off, the best way to teach what a crhistian is and to make people want to be a part of that religion is to be a good example, to show them what a christian is.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina. Using scripture in discussions means little to me. I enjoy talking to those who use some personal or modern day examples and logical thinking.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010