How explain to my almost 3 yr old about my cycle. adult content

Okay I really do know I don't need to teach her about it and what it is but here's what's going on.

Yesterday my "autie" visited me. My daughter was following me around all morning because she wasn't feeling good. So she followed me into the bathroom first thing in the morning, before I even knew I started. Well she say me crab the pad and she goes "OH BOO BOO!" Then she goes to flush the toilet before I could and sees the blood and says "OHH BOO BOO!" again. While I was pulling my pants up she goes "No, kiss better." Of coarse I tell her no. Now she won't stop talking about my "boo boo" and always wanting to kiss better. How to explain to her or get her to stop?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• HAHAHAHAHA! ...eh emm. Sorry. Just ignore ignorant answers. Man, I think that is just too funny, "BooBoo". Maybe tell her to kiss you on your hand and your "booboo" will feel better? Or I like some of the other suggestions like the one made by Niknik78. She will probably forget about it soon in any case, but you just never know sometimes what kids are going to say. They are so funny. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Tell her "mommy has no boo boo, i'm on my period"...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• lol....First time my oldest seen me on it she asks me what happened and ran to daddy and said daddy mommy is bleeding she needs to go to the hospital lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I toldmy DD she is 5 though it happened when she was 4.5 I told her it is called aperiod and every girl has one when they get big like mommy so now everytime I am on it she telle me I can't waituntil I get that and she says when am I gonna have that lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• she has really good empathy skills~maybe just tell her is totally fine and normal, part of how humans can make babies, you know all about it and soon she will know more too.

I have my 7 year old boy running around yelling 'I got my period" cause his sister is just starting this "trip" (she is home sick today because she woke up with what looked like a homicide scene~egads..).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh my goodness...this is kinda hard cause she's so young. My son discovered mine when he was 4. I told him it was ok, that the blood was supposed to be there. I put his hand on my belly and said "when you were a baby, you were in here. and when there are babies in there, mommies don't have blood. But there's no baby, so mommies have to have blood sometimes." I'm positive he didn't understand a darn word I said, but I think they just have to hear something. Otherwise, you could try telling her its pee...she's so young that she might accept that too....Although I must say that it's super funny thinking of her pointing at your "nina" (its what my daughter calls it) and saying Boo Boo!...lol
    niknik78

Answer by niknik78 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• WOW im sorry but thats funny.
    as for the other poster ignore her rudness shes just being a bitech
    MamaDawn0223

Answer by MamaDawn0223 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• gertile she was SICK. I wasn't going to shut the door in my daughters face when she needed me and was sick.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Go piss off if you have a problem with my parenting call CPS or keep your mouth shut. I asked for advise but your high and mighty ass is telling me what I did wrong. If you don't have advise on this situation then don't reply and act like you are better.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Funny---I always locked the bathroom door and my kids were spared that kind of reality at a young age. Kids can wait unti they are about 10 years old before you tell them about menstruation. Unless, you have an overly chubby and mature 10 year old who gets her period that early. So....when you see a sign of puberty, then tell them. I can't imagine WHY a Mom would let their kids follow them into the bathroom. GROSS!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010