Can you recommend a good lightweight stroller for a 15 month old?

I have a Britax Blink umbrella stroller, but my son seems to slump down in it and looks uncomfortable. I can't fit a big stroller in my trunk. I can't decide if I should replace it. Any suggestions?

Oh, he's tall (wears 24 month onesies) and has a long torso, if that matters.

barefootbooks

Asked by barefootbooks at 12:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We use a MacLaren Volo and love it. It handles great and is soooo light!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Dang, I found one for my small 7 year old who can't walk far and it folds like a combi or umbrella(its in the RV or I would know the brand)...I had to look at all the seat wides and seat lengths and how tall the seat back was.

I went with single wheels instead of doubles (easier to turn with heavier kid) and small wheels instead of big chunky ones. and I wanted him to be able to climb in himself (no front bar). It wasn't the McClaran cause that was really heavy...

It might be a Prego lightweight (if you knew how many strollers/wheel chairs I have gone thru...better than buy and selling cars for me).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have the Maclaren Techno XLR. I love it and it is very nice and wide & folds up very thin as well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i have a jeep stroller, its very easy to use and it was a decent price ($50-70), i was looking for an umbrella type stroller that had a basket under it and the stroller is as close as i got to one. it has a basket, cupholder for you and the child and it can recline the seat or sit up the seat, i love it. but it did take me a while to get it closed, its tricky at first but you get the hang of it. (you have to lock the wheels, close the top, and then push the 2 buttons. but other than trying to close it i think its great. its also not that big when its folded up. hope that helps!
    DARKxXxangel

Answer by DARKxXxangel at 2:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I use the cheapo ones from Target and Wal-Mart. My 4 year old still rides in his from time to time.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2010