Help! My 3 year old has been sleeping for 16+ hours...

Logan has autism and takes Abilify. He has allergies and eczema.
He was FINE yesterday... played and ate good. but he fell asleep at 8 p.m. and woke up quite a few times through the night and would cry for a minute but go right back to sleep. His skin is cold but he is sweating a lot. He has no fever and has not been sick at all. Any advice?

gustmom

Asked by gustmom at 12:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• call your doctor
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would call the nurse.. that doesn't sound good-
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I called the doctor and of course he wasn't available but the nurse said it sounds like just a side effect of the abilify....
    gustmom

Comment by gustmom (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Get out of here and call your pediatrician. This worries me a lot. My 7 year old niece was diagnosed with mild autism, and she' doing okay on her resperdone.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Look get him up and take him out of the house to a park or just walk around the mall and have lunch. Give him as many activities as you possibly can so he'll be exhausted and ready for bed, this will avoid the sleeping so much. Do not allow him to just sleep during the day, take him outside, give him a ball and you two play kickball walk the neighborhood, keep him active during the day. I have to do this with my 7 year old because I don't want her sleeping all day.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have been trying to get him up for dif activities, he just goes and lays down and falls back asleep.
    gustmom

Comment by gustmom (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Maybe he is starting to get sick. I would make an apt with your dr if you are worried. Sounds strange to me. I would def insist on going to see the pediatrician.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• kids do require more sleep during growth spurts, but I would be very worried and taking my child to a doctor at this point.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Alright so he got up for about 20 minutes and is now sleeping again. So he has been pretty much just sleeping for 22 hours now.... I think it is time for a trip to the E.R....
    gustmom

Comment by gustmom (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• TRUST YOUR GUT! Don't let some nurse tell you he's fine when you know he's not. Keep us posted!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010