How to put an end to plastic bowls and lid chaos! ?

Where do they go? No matter how hard i try....i cannot keep lids and bowls matched up! Are there any one piece products out there? or any advice?

TMAW

Asked by TMAW at 12:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I like to let mine completey air dry the I put the lid onit before putting it away. I know someone else who marked theres with A, B, C
    They put and A on the bowl and the lid that go together. Then a B on the next lid and a B on the matching bowl..when tehy are looking for a lid they dont have to try multiple ones they just look for a B.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There are one piece systems out there, but not technically made for storing food.
    I use the snap and lock system from Rubbermaid. It keeps them all together when they're stored. I don't have a dishwasher, so they can't get lost in the transfer or whatever.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Their is a set out there I don't know the name!! It is multiple sized bowls but they all use the same size lid so no issue with lid matching. I'll have to look it up/.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Here it is. That was easier than I thought...

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• oh i need to find some of those! where did you get them?
    TMAW

Comment by TMAW (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I bought a small sized shoe box that was plastic I pput my lids in there and then I just stack my bowls together
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I need advice as welll...right now they are thrown in a basket under the counter.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I got rid of most of my plastic storage boxes and went to baggies. Nothing much to store, nothing to fall on my head when opening the cupboard and nothing to clean. Quick and easy!
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 12:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I like the suggestion But Mommie made. I keep mine in an unused kitchen cabinet. I line up all of the lids vertically on their sides on one shelf, and on another shelf I stack the bowls one inside the other. On the top shelf (harder to reach), I keep larger/odd sized ones together with their lids underneath.

Also when I can no longer find the lid, I use the containers for open storage or paint cups for mine or the kids arts and crafts projects.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010