stains...

Everytime I wash my 2 girls clothes they come out with stains on them. My husbands and mine do not. They are not like that before I wash them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

crazy_mum

Asked by crazy_mum at 12:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Are you using different detergent with theirs? Are you letting the detergent mix with the water before you put clothes in?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It is the same detergent and everything I wash the way that I always have It is strange-Tonight I am going to try cleaning my washer again and see what happens
    crazy_mum

Comment by crazy_mum (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Run a load with vinegar. It will clean as well as freshen.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've also noticed that kids clothes stain more and I don't know why, I try to get every spot out of my kids clothes, but I don't even think about my own and I don't notice stains on my clothes at all. I'm a little obsessed with laundry. I love Biz, most dirty things I soak in a bucket with Biz overnight, or at least for an hour or so. Baby stains like spit up I put Shout gel on, and leave overnight. Fruit stains I spray with vinegar and leave overnight, oil stains I use lestoil on, but only for a few minutes just before I wash it. I also don't put my kids clothes in the dryer. It prevents setting stains in, and prevents shrinkage. It's a lot of work, but I buy nice clothes and want to keep the resale value up.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Make sure you are checking each pocket carefully and shake out each item before you put it into the wash. I know my kids have snuck things into their pockets or the laundry basket while they were playing before, so it doesn't hurt to double check. Also, be careful sorting clothes (darks can bleed and discolor lighter clothes), and mind water temperature (I usually just stick with hot for whites and cold for any kind of colors). To get stains out, I spot treat with vinegar and baking soda, scrub, and rinse with cold water.
    emeraldearth24

Answer by emeraldearth24 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010