Extremely depressed. I dont know how to function!

My df, of 4 yrs, just left. He left for work in another state and will be gone for 45 days. We have a 2yr old, a 1 yr old, and I am 39 weeks pregnant. I have no family or friends in our area and am all alone. I dont know how to cope. I feel like a huge part of me just left and I dont know what to do without it. We really need the money so the job is a must, but I dont know how to get over him not being here. I cant go to my moms until tuesday. I just dont know what to do or how to function for my children without being depressed and crying around them.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh honey.. its ok... think of it as a vacation for your relationship.. miss him and write him letters you can save for him or a mini journal. I hope it goes by fast for you - don't cry - he'll be back :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Do you have anyone that can come stay with you? A sister or a friend? Maybe some support would help. Also, you know you are a great mom. Keep telling yourself that. You don't need help for that, so focus on your kids and try not to worry about anything else. Keep yourself busy and the time will go by quickly.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh I'm sorry and I can relate to you just remember he loves you very much and he will be home again and just love your kids and know it will get better if you ever need to talk feel free to message me...
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 12:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• All of that on top of preggo hormones ... yuck! Just remember you will not always be here ! You will have the baby ... your children will get bigger and one day it will all be worth it. Cry if you need to ... who wouldn't it is a great release! Just explain the truth to the kids in kid terms like ... I miss so and so .... Hang in there until you get with your mama ... she will help make it all better!
    Marybeth1730

Answer by Marybeth1730 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That must be very, very hard. I really don't know what to tell you but hang in there. Things will change... Meanwhile, lean on your friends here and elsewhere.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ahh i know how youre feeling, just try to remember he is gone trying to make a better life for you and the kids. my dh is deployed so i know what its like to deal with everything by yourself. you will be ok
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Just keep urself busy and the days will go by quick. take care of those little ones
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2010