Animal cruelty; does it bother you that they are tortured before being frozen and on your table?

Butterball turkeys and numerous other factories have been videotaped do horrible things to turkeys before being processed. One video I watched an employee molested the turkey. Does it bother you when you sit down and eat your chicken or turkey or whatever meat? Or do you see it as it's dead so oh well? It's disgusta me buy I won't stop eating it. I dont have the will power to stop because I've tried.

Look this up on YouTube: butterball house of horrors

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 12:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just don't think about the "before" process.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• it freaks me out. All the stress hormones are released and we eat that stressed out thing. Fish too are stressed.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i guess not...i love my turkey, and chicken!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do sometimes think about how there are not enough regulations as to how animal are treated prior to slaughter. It does bother me to think they were tortured. We are meat eaters in this house but I prefer to by free range meat products when available and with-in our cost restraints. Animal were put on this earth for consumption so I will not feel bad about eating them but their should be more strict regulations on how they are treated while alive. If this is true about butterball I may not be buying their products any longer. I'll have to do some research. Thanks for sharing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We hunt our own meat so we know how it's taken care of. We can't wait until deer season because we want to get a couple deer for meat this winter...oh, and I want me a BIG buck! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I hear ya, I do agree that they were put in this earth for consumption but they really should t be treated so horribly just because they are getting eaten. They should have a quick and painless death if possible. People should be thankful they have food and to thinkable bout what is done to the food we put in our mouth before it's packaged is soo gross. Ugg makes me sick
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That is horrible that they are mistreated. Killing for food and mistreating an animal are two different things. I don't eat veal for this reason. I thinks it's so cruel to confine an animal so that it can't move and keep it in the dark for the short time that it is living.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes it bothers me a lot. I'm not sure if this makes it any better but I try to only buy organic and cage free meats (I only eat chicken, turkey, and fish). A great movie to watch is Food Inc.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Just one more reason that I'm glad to have been a vegetarian since childhood. I think it's sad that people either refuse to acknowledge or simply don't care about the utter horror that is the meat industry. I can't even eat something that was killed "humanely", much less an animal that suffered terribly so that I could have it on my plate. There are plenty of other things to eat.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Don't worry about it as we kill almost all our own meat. That includes pork, beef and chicken. DH hunts for deer but since we have so much of the other I usually pass it on to others. Even though we're meat eaters I have to agree that the animals should be killed quickly and cleanly.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010