Have you received a copy of the DVD Obsession and if so, did you watch it?

This is a DVD that has been mailed and placed in newspapers. The Council on American Islamic Relations is very upset by this DVD. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We received a copy in the mail.

We laughed at it and promptly threw it away.

It's propaganda and is meant to scare us. It shows one side of an argument and is very biased. If you watch it, PLEASE understand that it is just an OPINION! Not a fact.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Living in a constant state of fear and paranoia is no way to live at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I havnt gotten it, and if i did it would have thrown away. What are they gonna do next? Drop the Koran on the hethen's from a plane to convert them?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• vbruno - from your answer I don't think you know what it is about.
    b_cheerful

Answer by b_cheerful at 7:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• vbruno. obviously you speak without knowledge. Perhaps you would love the video . Muslims don't convert anyone God does and when He he leaves you wandering blindly it's because you deserve the wrath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I did not get it... But I would love to see it just to see what the issue is and what it's about... Is it on YouTube yet? (cause you know it will be)

Why is it upsetting? Please fill me in!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• They sent it to me, and I'm assuming they got my name from the voter registration rolls, as I am registered as unaffiliated. Our local news station had already done an indepth story on it that portrayed it in a very negative light as it came out the people who made this DVD (most likely intentionally) wrongly interpreted things so as to make Islam (they say radical Islam, however they completely misinterpreted certain passages) look bad. It came out at a time when people still (wrongly) believe that Obama is a Muslim or a terrorist or whatever bullshit people swallow, and the DVD is clearly meant to swing the election towards the Republican Party based purely on fear. I watched it, I was disgusted, and I burned it in a trashcan. It's pure propaganda filth to influence the election.
    punkmama27

Answer by punkmama27 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/
    LadyValkyrie37

Answer by LadyValkyrie37 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yes I did receive it in my newspaper and yes I did watch it. It was exactly what I assumde it would be, anti-Islamic propaganda meant to scare the people into voting republican.

After you take the dvd off the advertisement it says directly underneath it says something to the effect that "Radical Islam is the most important issue facing us this election." Uhhh no I don't think so....

Nice how they misrepresent things though and attempt to instill fear into the average American God knows the average Muslims will feel the backlash.
    heatkab

Answer by heatkab at 1:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2008