Forgiveness

What is forgiveness to you? Can something be unforgivable?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 12:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only way I see something being unforgiveable is if a person doesn't truly feel remorse for their actions in their heart.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well, they say "To Forgive is Divine" so I'm not sure it is really something that many people can put in to words...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nothing is unforgivable. It may take me some time to forgive because it makes me feel entitled to hold it over their head like I have power or something, but as soon as I realize that that is what I am doing, I forgive.

Now that does NOT mean that I have to have any kind of relationship with them
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I forgive for everything.. the only think I could not forgive for: anything would hurt my child..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Forgiveness is something everyone should have because hatred in your heart will only consume you, not the individual at fault. Even if a person feel no remorse for what he/she has done, it is not your fault because they have to answer for what they may have done, not you.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've had many things happen to me throughout my lifetime by family members and ex-friends, but I won't go through life with much animosity in me over them. They're truly not worth it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It is a matter of perspective and directionally proportional to the amount of pain and psychological damage that was caused. I was always taught to turn the other cheek but sometimes it alot harder considering the circumstance.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• forgiveness for me is pruning away the hurt. for me it seems protective to remember and learn from the "insults" of life, but to hold that feeling of insult is too much after a while. But somethings I hold on to and stand by....and it might not even be my insult..

Like that underdeveloped human named Donald Trump....the air time he got to trash a women and call her "ugly" over and over because he got his hair insulted....asshole for life with me~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When anger is no longer there for that individual.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's not for me to "forgive." If someone does something wrong, it's on them to make things right. Me "forgiving" them isn't going to change anything.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010