Are you sick of hearing the same old same?

It's the same thing every time. The economy is soft but we are moving in teh right direction. Have to be careful. We still have tricks up our sleeves.
AAARRGHH
Do these things even matter to Americans now?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't know about anyone else but things around here aren't any better. The house next door to ours is selling for $100,000 less than what we would need to break even if we tried to sell our house. That means it still sucks. I don't give a shit about the GDP or what happens in the stock market, the quality of life for middle class americans is still declining.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• In the last couple of days I've heard "global depression" being muttered.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Bunch of bs is all it is..sugar coating reality..our economy is in the crapper..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• At some point you would think that they would tell us that they expect it to decline so people aren't expecting it to get better. Instead they just keep telling lies and projecting improbabilities. IMO, the middle class will suffer this economy the worst. Too much spending and the 'rich' can't afford to pay for it all. It will sit squarely on the middle class shoulders. Just like it always does.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well the same old same old thing fits Into my life as a sahm where every day is the same old same old thing
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Absolutely. I was also tired of it when I was hearing it eight years ago and my husband was unable to find work. I don't think any of these economists know any more of what they're doing than the medieval alchemists did when they were trying to create gold. They encase it all in gobbledeygook that just sounds good.

I'm going to stay positive. Hubby just had a very good second interview for a GREAT job and if he gets it, we're going to start stimulating our local economy!

Answer by gdiamante at 5:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• On the one hand I think things are in the crapper (like tnmomofive) but on the other hand, I work in the legal industry and work is going gangbusters for us. The rule of thumb has been that the legal industry is the last to feel a downturn and the first to recover ...

I do think more foreclosures are on the way though. It is like you can tell what is happening by what is in the thrift shops - now there is tons and tons of furniture and pictures (things people have to get rid of when they downsize).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It is just more smoke and mirrors. They want you to think that all is rosy, but Bernanke is no Alan Greenspan. For some reason, Greenspan spoke and we all listened. Bernanke speaks and what - crickets.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• IDK about that. I heard on HLN the other day, at least I think I did, that things are going down hill again. I don't think we believe what we hear anymore. We want to see results. And that just ain't happening.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've been blissfully sliding around on water slides with my family and paying no attention to what's been going on. It seems I have a lot of catching up to do.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010