all my creative mamas

Ok so my daughter's first birthday is in a month and I'm having a minnie mouse theme birthday party, ok here is my problem, the minnie mouse stuff I chose is the infant one with the pink and white, so my issue is that I am terrified of balloons especially with small children. I need ideas of who other decorations I can do or a website that I can just buy them off of, any suggestions would be great!! Thank you

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Their should be some banners and table topper somewhere. Some minnie and mickey stuffed animals would be cute sitting around as well. There is always bows and streamers. Just out of curiosity why are you afraid of balloons? Mile-are (sp?) ones to?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Lol honestly I dont know its a phobia I have panic attacks. I feel so bad for my baby but I figured I could come up with something different
    xxSummaxx13

Comment by xxSummaxx13 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• What about just using pink and black (or white) crepe paper, and Maybe using the large pink paper plates, and the small black paper plates to make mini mouse heads....put ribbons on them, and either hang by string or put on sticks to stand in your yard and around your home. You could even take pictures that you have of baby minnie to your wal-mart or kinkos, and have them copied to cut out and hang. you could replace the face with your daughter's face. You could use them to make mobiles to hang over the cake, or put small ones on sticks and in a vase as a centerpiece.

Good Luck, have fun, and Happy Birthday to your daughter!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• well the latex in the balloon is enough to avoid~ She is only 12 months old so I would avoid the overstimulating thing. A sweet banner with her name. Pink cut out hearts on walls maybe people can sign a note to her to read when she is bigger. I might dress up the birthday girl the most~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• For my DD first birthday we also decorated with themed photo collages from wal-mart. They change so much in a year it's fun to look at all the pictures!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010