Do you think hunting is animal cruelty?

I was once told that hunting deer was animal cruelty but I don't think it is. Deer are born and live in the wild their whole lives until they are killed (unlike cows or what not who are born just to die and at times mistreated). My fiance and I are respectful of the deer we shoot and make sure we put good shots on them so that they pass quickly and we don't let them suffer if we have put a bad shot on them. We mount the heads of the bucks we get but always use the meat to feed our family (the leanest and healthiest meat if you ask me is deer!)

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not I don't but I also think that cows were put on Earth to nourish us and not to run around to be wild animals.

I don't agree with the cruelty that they endure. There are guidelines for that but someone has to enforce it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no i do not. at one time hunting was the only way to provide adequate meals for families. i would agree that i slaughter house is much more cruel than hunting.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No I think that hunting is necessary. It would be cruel to let the deer get over-populated and have to starve to death.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I personally do not feel that it is Animal Cruelty. Not as long as the person that hunts is a responsible hunter, and the animal they kill is used for food. However, I do disagree with people who hunt with no intention of them or anyone else eating what they kill.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it's a part of nature. It's a food chain thing. Not to mention when there isn't the natural process of hunters the animals over populate and then they die of starvation. Or like just happened last year in Rocky Mountain National Park they had too many elk that it was killing out the land and their way of living etc and so they sent in snipers to kill them in the middle of the night. I would have much rather seen hunters going out and getting them and using the meat to eat and the hides etc. What I do find inhumane is the high fence ranches and stuff where they are hand fed and then people pay for an easy hunt. I think a hunt should be hard and it should be work that's natural, it's just like predators taking out animals in the wild. I also don't like to see people who don't use the whole animal. I personally love the taste of game and it's so much better for you and cheaper. My family probably couldn't have afforded...
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Deer hunting helps maintain the deer population so they don't over populate. I don't thing hunting is cruelty to animals. Letting a pet starve that's cruelty.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, but I could still never do it. I feel bad killing spiders. I think animal cruelty is the mistreatment of and abusing animals or killing them just to kill, not just harvesting them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• to have any meat when I was growing up if it wasn't for our well stocked freezer of game meat.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't believe it's cruel. Ever seen what a buck does to someone during rutting season if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Ever see what they do to a corn field that the farmer planted to feed his animals and raise money from? I believe in a clean shot and I HATE headhunters. If you don't want the meat then donate it and they'll use it to feed those who don't have anything to eat.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Depends on the hunting style. If it's a quick kill, then no. But traps are very cruel.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010