How old were you when you became a mother? Are you happy with that age or do you wish you would have waited or had a baby sooner?.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was 29 when I had my son. I think that was perfect for us in too many ways to list
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was 27, and I think the timing was perfect for me. I had an established career, I could afford to start a family, and I'd been married for 8 years.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was married but only 26.
    I think it was a fine age but a bit on the early side.
    I am younger than most of my friends by 5-10 yrs.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• 17. I had my first when I was 17, I had her Dec 16th 1998. I turned 18 jan 4th. lol. I wanted a baby then, so I would not change that, however I wished I had thought more of who I had the baby with.
    allurasmamma

Answer by allurasmamma at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• happy at 31 but sad because it limits how many I can have
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was 20 when i had my first. At times i wish i would of waited due to all the issues with the economy and violence out there but really no ones ever really ready for a baby no matter the age i think
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had my first two at 23. I am happy with that age.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We wanted to make sure the marriage was stable so that we didn't bring a child into the world in a time of turmoil for his or her parents. So we waited three years after we got married. I wish now that we had given it only one or two years- started sooner. But we had heard of so much divorce and unhappy marriages, and children are so important and completely innocent, that we wanted to be very sure.

Answer by Bmat at 1:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was 19. Yes, i am happy. I personally think i am a KICK ASS MOM! The only thing is that i wish i could have more money to be able to do fun things with her, save for college, buy her awesome clothes etc. But, i know money is not necessary for raising an exceptional humam being, but it can help with the little things. I think USUALLY, people who wait until they are older to have kids are more financially stable. I am excited that i will stil lbe young when she is an adult though. I will have to sew some wild oats when she is out of the house!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had my first at 27. I would like to have started sooner, looking back on it. But on the other hand I was done growing up and had some money put aside and had job training.

Answer by Bmat at 1:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010