Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not? adult content

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, and I don't think it's used nearly often enough. Baby rapers ought to fry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes! I beleive in "Do Unto Others As You Would Want Done Unto You".

If you kill, then be killed.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Not the quick and nice death penalty. I think that if someone murders, they should go the same way they took that life. I think that a lethal injection is an easy way out for them. On the other hand, I don't think they should be stinking up the prison cells forever and having our tax dollars feed them.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No. I used to, but I decided that man doesn't have the right to decide when a person is in the right place with God. Not to mention I'm sure that a person would hate life without parole even more than the death penalty (I know I would lol).
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I fully support it. I 100% believe in "an eye for an eye". I think that once the death penalty has been given it should be carried out in a matter of a month...none of this years and years BULL****!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm torn. I say "NO", but if a murderer is sentenced to die, I'm not upset over it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes I do. What I don't agree with is sticking the condemned on death row for years. I mean how hard is it on the families who want closure.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would like to say no, but honestly I think that if someone is caught doing something as terrible as molesting a child or something like that they should just be shot, I hate the whole death row thing, just get it over with fast.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do. I just believe there are some despicable acts that no punishment could be too harsh for. I am torn over leathal injection though. According to some who witnessed McVeigh's execution it's like putting a dog to sleep. His victims death wasn't quite so pleasant.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm for it ~ I just wish (like others) that it didn't drag out year after year because of the appeals process. Murder 1, child molestation, rape, DUI that maims or kills should all have mandatory death penalties if there is video, eye witnesses, a confession, or dna evidence. Without that evidence I still think the appeals should be limited and the sentence carried out within a week. Particularly in a murder case, the victim/s didn't have a chance to get their affairs (religious or otherwise) in order. Those who take a life deliberately imo lose all rights beyond a fair trial. Locking them up means feeding them, housing them, taking them to a doctor, and a lot of other perks not to mention paying someone to guard them. The ones they harmed are either rotting in a grave or suffering and that is not justice. Save the prison money for those that can be rehabilitated.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010