95% sure

I have missed two periods. I am haveing all the same symptoms I did with my daughter. I really have the pragnancy brain. But I have abnormal HCG levels. They didn't know I was pragnant with my daughter tell I was 3 months along. It drove me nuts and here I am again. What to do? Has anyone else delt with this?

babygirl9669

Asked by babygirl9669 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The only option is to take a urine test; then if still an issue contact your OB and explain to them the situation. They will most likely do a blood test and actually look more in depth at your HCG levels, and continually do so until you either start your period or get a positive. With the urine test I suggest the test strips you can buy online; or AIM and EPT; they seem to pretty good at testing low levels of HCG....
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If a urine test doesn't work...take a blood test. Blood tests are the most accurate.
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My HCG levels are lower than most people. I have taken 3 home test alll differnt brands and went to a clinc all negative. I went throught this with my other pragnancy didn't show up tell I was 3 months. They don't work want to know if anyone else has delt with this?
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes a blood test is a good idea. I miscarried twice and have two healthy kids. With my first (failed) pregnancy, I had low progesterone levels, the "ClearBlue" test showed negative but I just *knew* it wasn't right, the blood tests showed I was in fact pregnant but as the levels declined they knew I had miscarried. With my 2nd (healthy DS), yes my urine test was negative BUT the blood test was positive and baby came along just fine. Your HcG should double every 48 hrs I believe, so if they do 2 sets of blood tests a couple of days apart they can see the 'trend.' Some home urine tests have a different 'cutoff' for how much HcG registers as a positive (I THINK FirstResponse is the most 'sensitive' which is why they say they can tell earlier...)

You may want to ask your doctor about progesterone supplements if your levels are low. Good luck, hope everything turns out well for you.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Keep going back and having blood tests. Let them know this happened before so that they know it's a possiblity.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• if you are two months late, why don't you get an ultrasound...even if your levels are low, the baby would still show up on the ultrasound.....
    walkersmomma

Answer by walkersmomma at 10:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2008