why do I keep going numb or tingling

From the waist down I keep getting a tingly feeling and/or go numb. I did have probelms with the epidural when I gave birth 2.5 years ago I was leaking spinal fluid and had 2 blood patches to this day I do get headaches everyday and lower back pain, but now this. I also have had problems going to the bathroom since she was born I have to go in 2 weeks for a colonoscope but why is this stuff happening to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• I wonder if when you had your epidural if some nerve damage was done. You shouldn't still be having these issues if they did indeed start when you gave birth. If one doctor doesn't help you, find someone who will. You might be having complications or maybe you have a rare disease.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Go to the doctor. There are several things that can cause that, from a trapped nerve to MS. Your doctor will be the best source for what is going on.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 1:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would see about going to a neurologist for a MRI. When I called my primary doctor and told him I had gone from tingly feet to numb from the waist down overnight, I got in with a neurologist that day! I don't want to scare you, but it sounds like Multiple Sclerosis (MS). If you have any questions about MS or my diagnosis last year, please message me.
    CarrieGemenon19

Answer by CarrieGemenon19 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• not sure..
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 1:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I Don't have a clue,sorry.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Good luck with your procedure. You should get medical advice on this problem. Do it soon so you can get it fixed soon.

Answer by Bmat at 1:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Could be nerve damage ... go see a Chiropractor.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sounds like a spinal problem. maybe a pinched nerve? you definatly need to get it checked out. i have back problems and my doc says that numbness and tingling in the legs is a precursor to much bigger problems, including incontinence and sometimes even peralysis.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• could be your sciatic nerve, usually it hurts only on one side of your lower back/buttox, but if it's really bad, it can numb your lower back & legs.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

see that is the thing I had a nurve tests and they said I was fine
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010