Ws anyone more scared about giving birth to their subsequent pregnancies?

When I was pregnant with my son labor was no big deal to me, didn't scare me at all. Everything was perfect and I swore I could give birth for every woman out there because the experience was just so well worth it.

Now I am pregnant with my daughter who is due January 13th, 2009 and I am seriously starting to freak out about labor, is this normal? Did anyone else do this?

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 11:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im due next month and having the baby with a midwife and im scared like seriously even the last time i have my son with no problem this time I'm scared so i guees  u are not the only one

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• good to know!!! My son was born by a midwife (she was who was on call), she did a really excellent job although I really have to hand it to the nurses
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was more scared with my 2nd and 3rd than I was with my 1st. With my first I had NO clue what to expect. I didn't know what the pain was going to be like or anything. With my 2nd and 3rd, I was horrified! I KNEW what to expect and was scared to death..lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• we have the same due date! LOL! look into hypnobabies(just google it)
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Oh and YES to u're question! And I think it's normal(my mom had 6 kids and she had those same feelings)!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• gotcha thanks lynette
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I'm not afraid about labor, more like having a more difficult delivery. My daughter was only 5lbs 12oz and I felt amazing afterward...I was up walking around, pooping just fine, able to take care of myself and my new baby. I'm worried that I will not feel good after this baby, that the baby will be a lot bigger and I'll tear this time and make healing worse...now that I'll have 2 kids to take care of after delivery, I'm just worried it wont go as smooth.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i think ur more scared the 2nd time around cuz u know what 2 expect
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• thats eaxactly how I was after my labor with my son and he was 7lbs 1 oz and I was up and walking around and everything, I am just psyching myself out the time I guess
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Aww! My daughter's birthday is January 13 (2006)! She was born on Friday the 13th! lol Her father and I were watching Friday the 13th on the hospital t.v. waiting to see if she was really going to come into the world! haha (We had a few false alarms with her!) I am pregnant with my 3rd and yes, I guess I am a little nervous. I've had two c-sections already and so far so good. I guess we just hear stories and we remember the pain and each one is different so we can't know what to expect exactly but one thing is for sure when it is all said and done it is sooooo worth it!!! ;)
    happymommy284

Answer by happymommy284 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2008