• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Anyone had mold issues in the home?

When you did, did anyone in your family have tooth problems or decay?

 
Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

Level 19 (7,940 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • black mold is toxic and causes alot of problems, my dss had an ear infection that wouldnt go away so they did a lab test and found black mold growing in his ear. iv never heard that it causes tooth decay though. but if you go to a home improvment store you can get a paint called kilz that keeps it from growing for aobut 6 months. i paint with that every 6 months and use bleach everywhere that i have had problems with it.
    cassie_m

    Answer by cassie_m at 1:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • we have had mold. but my son just had a cough from it. as soon as we moved out of there a week later he no longer had that cough.
    Mrs.Ro

    Answer by Mrs.Ro at 1:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • We had mold in our old home it caused asthma in all of us as well as some skin irritation, but no tooth problems. Now I have a friend who's son's teeth rotted out before he was three because she was using strictly bottled water to make his formula (at infancy) and when she gave him water at meals. The dentist said it was because the bottled water did not have fluoride in it (this was before fluoride was being added to bottled water. Also it could be a calcium deficiency. 

    luvmygrlz

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • We've been struggling with her teeth issues since we moved here (although I never thought of it in terms of since we moved here before) and we recently found evidence of mold. She has never been sicker than a cold, but I do think she has colds way more often than she should. Thank goodness, we are already in the process of buying a house. Thanks for the paint idea, I'll get some of that for the mean time. Although, I'm not even sure where all the mold is or how to get to it (beneath carpet).
    Bellarose0212

    Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • My daughter had breastmilk and we have been putting fluoride directly on her teeth by prescription. There is no fluoride in the water in this county, but I am glad of that because I don't believe in ingesting it. I have a friend who tested the ph of bottled water and it was very acidic, so that may also be a contributor in both your friend's case and ours (we used to drink bottled and still do occasionally if we are out and ran out of the water we brought in SS containers).
    Bellarose0212

    Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Not that I know of, but I have asthma, and a lingering cough. Maybe I should look into it.
    MyAngel003

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010