How to clean my microfiber couch?

I have an off-white microfiber sectional that gets dirty very easily. It is mostly dirt from feet, milk from leaking bottles, drool, that kind of stuuf. No major stains like juice or markers...but what is the best way to clean it?

momof3josephs

Asked by momof3josephs at 1:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Oooh.. I have a baby blue one I need to know how to clean too....... let me know :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I use baby wipes & lysol wipes on mine.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I vacuum my microfiber sofa with the vacuum attachment.  I've gotten stains out using a wet wash clothes and bar soap from the bathroom.  But use a bar that doesn't have any dyes in it.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have a soft brown one. They told me to use a washcloth, warm water and bar soap or liquid soap. However, my hubby has turned the arms of his recliner almost black from being a mechanic/plummer. So one day while cleaning the carpets, I took the attachment after the arms, worked like a dream.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Get some Tuff Stuff , Yellow can. I got mine at an auto parts store. Use it on my microfiber in my car. Works wonders!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I take a bucket of warm water and put a small amount of dish soap in it. Dip my cleaning cloth into the suds and scrub away. If you use just the suds, you will only get just a little bit of moisture onto the fabric. Make sure that you do the whole couch so that you won't have clean spots on a dirty couch.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 12:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Whatever you use to clean with, RINSE with a 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water colution after to get the soapy residue out so the couch wont be tacky when it drys which is why it gets dirty fast after you clean it. Same with shampooing the carpets. Rinse with vinegar and water and see how much cleaner it stays!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010