''ramona and beezus''??

we're taking the ds to see this tonight.. is it any good? i read the books as a child, and i thought it'd be fun..besides, its the only G-rated movie choice available at our 2-screen theatre.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 1:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• I wanna take my girls to see it too. I remember the books too as a child.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think there was a tv series in the 80's too. I totally remember watching it & liking it a lot if that helps. I think it looks cute!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I loved the books, and my 9 year old daughter is really into them right now. I read a review in the newspaper about the movie, and it wasn't very good :( Seems the movie didn't live up to the greatness of the books, but isn't that how it usually is? Anyway, that was just one reviewer's opinion, so I will probably look into some more before deciding whether its worth seeing. But if you don't have a lot of other choices anyway, then why not? Then you can update us with your own review! ;)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My 4 year old son would love it also. He also likes Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly place. He has no idea they are "girl" shows. I think it's for all kids, girl or boy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my daughter wants to go see it says mom i loved reading the book
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it looks cute. I haven't seen it though. My daughter will love it simply because Selena Gomez is in it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• he's seen the previews on television, and he thinks he'd like it..he's too young to think its a 'girl movie'. besides, ramona had a brother, right?? lol!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i will definitely do that, vicesix!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ok..i just checked out the IMBD...no brother..i was all mixed up in the memory department!! lol.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Selena Gomez just doesn't do it for me. They only put her in it because they wanted a big name to get $$. The idea of a movie is great but I would rather see 2 unknowns
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010