If someone was in the habit of sending you and everyone in their email address book offensive emails, would you respond or just continue to ignore?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 2:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Holy Hell... are you on my step father's email list????
    He would send out horrible crap ALL the time.
    I called him and politely asked him to take me off. I called my mom and politely asked her to take me off.
    I tried to put his name on my spam list so the computer would simply filter him out.... Im really not sure why that didnt work or why it allowed somthings in.

FINALLY... I started responding ALL to his emails and very smartly pointed out the ignorance and offensive nature of the emails. I would email his friends and ask that they take me off their lists (some how I got put on their lists too). I did this NONSTOP for a number of days... I PISSED OFF a ton of people.

And guess what... they all deleted me from their lists.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'd respond....or make my DH do it...LOL! You can always just send a personal message & say "don't send me those emails, thanks!"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'd block them.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My mother does that...she sends me black jokes and I always write back and remind her how awful she is. LOL
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Depends on who it is. If it's family I have to keep peace with, I just delete. If it's someone I can afford to write off in my life, I'd reply to all and tell them where to stick their email.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would block them. If it was a relative,I would explain I do not appreciate offensive e-mails and tell them to stop sending them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have done both. My SIL is completely blocked, her emails were so racist and disgusting, even though I had told her to stop sending them she still did.

My Hubbys elderly aunt sends Tea Partyish and Bible-thumper ones but only occasionally so those I just delete.

Someone, a complete stranger, pulled my email from a friends "mass forward" and started sending political crap, reported him as spam after 2 emails.

All depends on who is doing the sending and how offended I am by the content.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• if its something that offends you just let them know, or dont even open forwards from them, just delete
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had a friend that would send me chain letter emails and txts. I just told her please stop sending them to me, "they make me nervous. I get nervous when I dont have time to pass it on and then I think I am going to have bad luck or die. So it makes my day bad." She said "d#%*M, I am sorry. I dont want to make your day bad. She stopped and only sent me ones that were nice and positive and funny.

Just send an email and let them know. Dont feel bad at all. If they send to everyone they may be offending other people also and stop and think about what they are sending and to who. Goodluck
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I wanted to add a sweet pea

banging head into wall

The worst is txts.

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010