How do I potty train my 2 yr old DD??

I have no idea even where to start. DD will sit on the potty any time, she loves it. She takes her own pants and diaper off herself and sits on her potty. She just won't GO lol. She has pooped on the potty once without even being asked, but that was about 3 weeks ago and now she doesn't seem as interested. I've gotten her panties and tried taking her to the potty every half hour, but she always makes a mess right after she gets off the potty. We went right back to diapers and regressed.. She's showing all of the 'ready' signs and has been for several months. I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?

MandyO

Asked by MandyO at 12:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was the exact same way. The way we potty trained him was by telling him how good he was doing. and also one of his favorite things in trucks he was told if he used the potty he could ride in one..I havent had but one accident since then and that was almost 6 months ago..something she enjoys tell her she can do it if she goes and potties..try gummy bears too one of my friends gave her daugher one gummy bear everytime she went to the potty...well good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• this is what i did for my little boy....

we took him to walmart and let him pick out his big boy undies, and some candy ( thomas and skittles) took him home put his underwear on him and told him everytime he went in the potty he would get 1 piece of candy. it only took 3 days... however... my son is so in LOVE with candy that once he pee's 7 times in 15 minutes( little drops, but he squeezed them out!)... just so he could have another piece. let me tell ya we did a lot of brushing!! we made a huge deal everytime her went.... and he only got candy when he went... we took it every where with us... good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Let me know if you find the perfect answer. I am having roughly the same problem. We were doing really good for about two months, and now she won't even look at her big girl potty, so we too are back in diapers!!!
    rknllamas

Answer by rknllamas at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008