I need help with wording something..

I work for the city and the other person in my office was "let go".. so I need to send out an email city-wide to the effect of please send all correspondence to myself.

What is the best way to word this without A) Offending anyone and B) Giving too much detail??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just tell them what they ned to know, you don't have to say anything about the other eprson at all. Just say any information regarding BLAH should now be sent directly to me.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• effective (give date) all correspondence regarding_________should be sent to__________ Thank you.

Not sure you need to give a reason unless it is your responsibility..
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you feel you need to explain that the person is not longer with the company, that is how I would word it. Whether they were fired or quit that is no one else's business. Other than that what the other ladies have said is great.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 2:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Try this from this website.

Instead write, “We are sorry to have to inform you that you will be laid off from your (name of position or title) with (name of department) at (time and date).” Show empathy without superfluous sugarcoating. Example: “We appreciate the work you’ve done.”

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• John Doe is not longer with the ______ Department. Please forward all correspondence to Jane Smith

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010