please tell me why pms is not normal

I have been doing some research about what causes pms symptoms duiring AF and during fertilty.. and hwo to cyre it naturally. I know this is not normal but I am coming up short on info

munchkinaplenty

Asked by munchkinaplenty at 2:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• PMS is a disorder. It is beyond the normal fluctuations that women feel before their period.

http://www.usdoctor.com/pms.htm

You might compare it to depression. You can describe depression as a mood or a disorder. It's normal to be depressed but it's a disorder to have clinical depression.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i thought pms was normal?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• PMS is normal, it's caused my the hormonal changes that regulate menstruation.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• PMS is normal.

PMS is symptoms due to the hormone/chemical fluctuations and changes in a woman's body during a particular time in her cycle.

Some women have harsher symptoms than others. But we all have symptoms on one level or another.

You can't "cure" PMS. To "Cure" means to heal to get rid of completely. You can't do that with PMS because it's a naturally happening occurance due to hormone fluxes. You can only calm the symptoms down,how to do that is different for every woman, it depends on what their worse symptoms are that they are trying to calm down. Research the specific symptoms and ways to quell them. In most cases, you will find that: diet, exercise, and specific vitamin/mineral intakes are usually what is recommended most for women dealing with PMS.

If all else fails. There is a "pill" out now ( can't you get a pill for eveyrthing these days. lol) that you can get from your doc that is supposed to help
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You have always "had" it.. The sypmtoms just weren't as strong (for lack of a better term) as they are now.

Changes in womans' body due to things like: age, child birth, can affect those hormone fluxes that cause PMS... Those things can make the symptoms harsher, or more prounounced.

I never had harsh PMS systems until I had my son at 29..

Now at 47, man the symptoms are just all over the place due to perimenopause.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yea, PMS is very normal....or do you mean curing it isn't normal?
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• that is suppose to be cure.
    if it is so normal then why did I never have it until I turned 34..
    i don't believe it is normal but I do believe it is common for women in our country and I'd like to know why
    munchkinaplenty

Comment by munchkinaplenty (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I know I had them, and my husband let me know it many times too.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010