Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

what would u do

Like omg I was reading the paper 2day and this boy I went 2 school was having sexual contact wit a girl that was 13. He didn't have many friends I talked 2 him time 2 time what would u do if some1 u kno is a sex offender ? Do u kno about sex offender in your area?

Answer Question

Asked by kadmomma at 2:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 5 (101 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • what is there to do?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • There isn't much you can do, unless he is in your neighborhood, then you can move and/or inform the neighbors.

    Answer by momof3josephs at 2:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • just keep your kids away and i wouldnt be talkingto him once ina while anymore.

    Answer by cassie_m at 2:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • If he is someone you had contact with in school and you don't now what is there to do? If you still have contact then you need to decide if you want to continue it.

    Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 2:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • I like the websites that tell you where sex offenders are located in your county bc then when you are looking to move you can choose not to live near them or you know when they move close to where you live. Also, there are pics of all of them so if you run into one, you know not to let your kids near them! We live in a school zone, so I don't have to worry about them moving in next door, but I'd like to know who they all are just in case one tries to weazle their way into your life.

    Answer by Kword at 2:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • I track local sex offenders online.... my small town (16,000 people) has 3 registered sex offenders. yuck!

    the boy i was in looooooove w/ in elementary school (OMG he was so cute) is one and served a long prison sentence. he sodomized his 11 y/o male cousin...... it's a terrible thing. I don't believe they're able to be rehabilitated

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • I would would just avoid him and never let your kids unattended specially in your neighborhood park if you have sex offender living near by.

    Answer by elisabellaguna at 2:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • doing fostercare I have had to deal with violent sexual offenders...but if the crime isn't against a child, they can get reunification services and come to MD visits. I don't have the range of skills to deal with people of that status. Unless they are going to provide me a bodyguard, the baby gets moved.

    as a side note, one of my children I adopted has a father with that status. NOt that we have any dealing with him now, but while he visited his son when he had rights, he was super gentle, connected and modified himself when the baby didn't like being thrown up in the air....surprised me~

    Answer by surfcitymom at 2:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • I have a father & son, both served jail time for sex offences living right behind me. Also one for sex on the computer, pictures of minors, under a certain age, but he drank himself to death before he went to Court. If you know it's true keep your kids away from him or near where he lives. If near you it's a case of moving or keeping an eye on your kids. My family know they aren't allowed any where near or on the street behind ours, and they know they have been in jail and are bad men. They are afraid of them, and if that's what it takes, so be it.

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • All you needto do is go to your county corrections website,and they all have a link to ALL sex offenders in any area you are interested in.And as far as your school guy...feel lucky because you never know when they get started abusing.

    Answer by bvannkissy at 4:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.