have any of you ever aborted on purpose???

if so, what were your reasons for doing it?? how did u feel afterwards? was it a good or bad decision....how did it impact your life? and please no bashing......

SQ13

Asked by SQ13 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• my best friend is seriously thinking about it.... i mean its a very personal decision and i will defenitely be there for her whatever she chooses to do.....
    SQ13

Comment by SQ13 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, I did. It was then, and has been since the best choice for me. I feel great about my choice, it has allowed me to have a happy family, successful career and a healthy marriage... I would have nothing I have today had I had that child...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, never. I never would. I have known women that did, though. Usually it was because they felt they were too young, or the babies father didn't want them anymore...always selfish reasons. All of them felt terrible afterward, and were never quite the same. For a couple of them, they couldn't have children after that.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Who has an abortion "by accident"; Oops! This isn't the..... There are no "accidental" abortions.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have not. My daughter (who is fine and without any afflictions whatsoever) was thought to have down syndrome.... they were basically convinced at the high risk specialty I attended during the pregnancy, I was encouraged non stop by the docs and genetic counselors to abort her, since I was 23 with a 1 year old and some chronic illnesses of my own, they thought I couldn't deal with it. She was born perfectly normal but I'd have still had her even if she was a mutant flipper baby..... they made me even more pro life than I already was.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My friend had an "oops" pregnancy in 2006 and I fell to my knees begging her to keep it. We decided my husband and I would adopt it and she could see it whenever she wanted. Once it was born, however, her heart melted.... she is now a FANTASTIC mother of a darling preschooler. ...... I don't think enough people know about adoption and the facts. It costs you nothing and they'll pay for everything from your maternity clothes to the delivery itself. Why pay someone else to TERMINATE your pregnancy when the entire pregnancy can be paid for by the adoptive parents of your choice? Being broke or uninsured isn't an excuse. Unless you have a valid medical problem and cannot carry a baby to term......... I don't understand abortion.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've had 2 abortions in my life.I had them when I was in my teens.Each time,I had just had one of my sons.And there was no way we were able to have another baby one right after the first.Yes,It bothered me then & it bothers me now.I often wonder if I would of had a girl or another boy.But,if I would have done things differently,I never would have had the 3 wonderful boys that I had.I believe that abortion is a choice that only we can make.And not be influenced by others beliefs or opinions.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have never had one or thought about it. I was pregnant at 17 & married at 17, just did n't cross my mind. Fortunately my marriage has lasted, many that young & getting married when your pregnant last. I feel blessed.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, I did during college. Saddest thing I ever did. Regret it to this day. My SO and I went into a panic and didn't look at all alternatives. I wish I had told my parents. I would urge any young lady to really consider all alternatives. Plus rely on those who really love her and then make the decision. I wish her all the best and I am so glad she has you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've never considered abortion, but I had a friend who was. I didn't tell her outright "don't do it", but I did tell her there were other options. We talked for a good hour or so. She kept her baby girl, and is now the mother of three precious little girls. She says she'd never change her mind about keeping each one.
    KricketMother09

Answer by KricketMother09 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010