Does getting up after kill my chances?

I never lay in bed after sex, always get up and clean up and then DH normally goes to bed and I go out and watch TV.. does that kill our chances for conception, or by the time we finish and I stand up, the sperm would already be where it needs to be? My daughter's conception was a high school graduation surprise after having sex with my ex 5 times over the course of a year, but now that hubby and I are trying it's taking forever! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I remember reading in a pregnancy book once that you can increase your chance of getting pregnant if you raise your hips and stay that way for like 15 minutes after. But, really, if it's meant to be then you would get pregnant either way. Think of it this way, did you stay totally still after conceiving your daughter?? I have not had either of my pregnancy result from raising my hips or staying in bed after sex. But, I also know that we will do a lot of things when we really want something. Either way, stay positive and don't let sex become a chore; it just isn't fun if you feel like you HAVE to do it. lol

baby dust

cjzmom

Answer by cjzmom at 12:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Nahh, as long as he ejaculates in you, your chances are pretty much the same as if you passed out right after =]

I've heard the best way to conceive is to not try! Just leave it up to chance and have as much sex as possible, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I agree 100 % with everything that caitxrawks said Good luck I'll send some baby dust your way
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I went through artificial insemination and all the text book "prop your hips up, don't pee afterward" sex to conceive...DIDN'T GET PREGNANT...and then I cried and cried and gave up...and then...I had a pitcher of margaritas before noon, had drunk lunch sex, got up and wrestled around the house for an hour...PREGNANT. I wouldn't worry too much about getting up afterward...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That is such a myth! Once he does his deed in there, that's all it takes.

Quit trying!! It makes you too tense. My husband and I tried for almost a year with my 2nd son. Then he was in a bad accident where he almost lost his hand and couldn't work. We decided then wasn't the time to have a baby. Guess what? The next month we were pregnant.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I was a high risk infertility patient. If you really want to get pregnant, buy an ovulation predictor kit and monitor when you ovulate. Fertility experts DO have you wait 30 minutes after insemination with hips elevated. It increases the number of sperm still in the vagina without losing as many.

Secondary infertility has a defintion and impacts lots of couples. You have not indicated how long you have tried to conveive or if you hubby has any children of his own to even know if he is fertile. Depending on your age, you might consider talking to your gyn after 6 months of trying. Some doctors say a year, but that depends on your age.

Good luck.
    tomatoqueen

Answer by tomatoqueen at 12:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Relax and remember sex is supposed to be fun!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• no i got up right after sex every time and i ended up pregnant.
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When I got pregnant with my son and daughter....my ex and I had sex all the time..before work after work after supper, before going to bed, middle of the night like 2x a night, and on weekends almost all day and night long...we were not planning on having children it just happened and we never stayed in bed hardley. I got pregnant with both of them after a few night/day of fun hot sex...so just relax and when it is time to have one you will know...i understand how you are feeling. my fiance and i want one so bad together but we are not getting no where right now and i tell all in good time we will be blessed with a lil angel of ours.....so just enjoy some hot passionate sex. and lots of it.
    Anonymous

• I did the raise my hips for about 5 minutes conceived within 2 weeks no lie

took me 6 yrs to get my daughter and 2 weeks for this baby on the way.

I dont know if it works for some ...but it did for me,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008