what is up with teen boys and underwear?

Or is mine the only one....

He told me he needed bigger underware... he will only wear boxers... so I go and buy the next size bigger. He shows me and says they are too small. WTH? I havent seen him naked in a while but I assure you he is no John Holmes so what is with having HUGE underware???

As it is the boxers are hanging off him... how is he going to get them in his jeans if I buy a bigger sizes???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My DH wears an XXL boxer and has a 34in waist... He's 31. It's far from a teen guy thing. But he feels they are to tight on his "package" if he buys any smaller than that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• LMBO... oh those packages... you would think they were made of gold.

Guess that is why they call them the family jewels

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Depends on the fabric, if it has any "give". Traditional boxers don't have much stretch in the fabric and can be a bit ... binding. But with newer fabrics and the boxer briefs (my kids faves) there is more give so they can fit a little more snugly. Plus don't you know their boxers are supposed to be hanging out the top of their pants? Lol.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son isn't like that. He likes the boxer/briefs in the right size.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• mine likes the boxer briefs too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, my son likes his undies to show out of the top of his pants. His basketball shorts are enormous, but the underwear fit.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Our boys wear boxer briefs and so does hubby...the right size.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• He's a teenager, they all go through their seemingly ridiculous fashion statements. I'd just let him get on with it, if you're finding it hard to buy him 'acceptable' underwear then perhaps give him a budget so he can go out and buy his own? If he's buying them far too big he'll soon come around when they fall down and give everyone a lovely view!
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 4:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My teeanager wears boxers or boxer briefs or nothing. He said that when he "goes commando" his package is "free".

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010