Once a cheater always a cheater....true or false?

I have been with my fiance for 5 years and I have no suspicion that he has ever cheated and no worries that he ever would. The thing is he cheated on his ex all the time. He was only a teenager at the time and he says they were never a serious couple. (She cheated too) I have had people tell me it is only a matter of time before he cheats and that he probably already has. Am I being naive? The thing is he never hid it from her she always found out from him so I don't think he has already. He says he was young and dumb an I think it's the truth. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it is false. Every relationship is different. The stressers that drove him to cheat before may not exist now.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If they didn't have an exclusive relationship then he wasn't cheating.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• False
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If he was under 18 when he did this cheating, I say he was young and dumb. But if he was doing it to a GF in his 20's I would say once a cheater always a cheater. If you have know reason to think he has cheated on you. I would trust him tell you catch him cheating.

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i think true.... i mean, it just really depends on the situation and the relationship.... if the cheater is too stressed, or whatever(by the way there are no valid reasons), he/she is vulnerable and can go back to their old ways of "dealing" with it,.....
    SQ13

Answer by SQ13 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• False. It sounds like they had an open relationship and neither one cared too much. If you have no reason to believe he has cheated in 5 yrs, I would say he has grown up. I cheated on my 1st husband once, told him and we worked thru it. That was in 1983 and I have NEVER cheated on anyone since. I was young, selfish and stupid but people do grow up and change.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 2:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• true
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 2:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't think so.I think someone can change.
    Silly3smom

Answer by Silly3smom at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sounds like he was immature and maybe learned his lesson. But they do say past behavior is a predictor of future behavior . Take it slow and be sure.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• False. Some people cheat because they truly are habitual cheaters that never will change, others cheat because of the situation they're in. It depends on the person and the relationship they are in and the one they cheated in.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010