Would you commute daily 150 miles one way to your job?

Or am I crazy......(the pay is relatively low), but it is my profession and I like the place, but everyone says I am crazy.

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• ONLY if the pay was enough to cover normal bills/expenses PLUS the extra vehicle maintainence and gas...... otherwise why bother?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah that's crazy! That's over an hour and half one way.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• crazy
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, they pay covers all of it, and this is the only thing I could find...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Hell no. I make really good money and my 36 mile each way so 72 mile round trip drive nearly kills me.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have known people who have done it and worse. If it is in your profession and you like the job I'd stay with it. In this economy it is great you have a job and it is to your credit to be in your line of work getting the experience. Can you move there? Or maybe stay there Monday through Friday? I know people who do that too. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If doing this job, makes a difference for the family, and your gut instincts say that this is something you should be doing with your time at this moment, then you should go for it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my gut instincts do not say that... but this is the only job i have, and I feel it is better then just staying home....
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my husband used to work 100 miles away. He made the commute every day for over a year, but it was just too much. We hardly got time together and the risks are so much greater when you spend so much time on the road. We finally moved closer to his work because it was so much better on us. I like getting to see him at a normal hour not 9 at night. It also made our eating healthier because he didn't pick up breakfast on the drive, and we eat dinner sooner so it has longer to digest. If it was the only thing possible then we would have done it, but it was just so hard on both of us, and I wasn't even the one who had to drive all the time.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• mama Sara, this is exactly what I am scared off, I feel this job might leave me so exhausted that I won't be able to do any job, or anything else. I feel scared. But I feel scared without job either, for me it means to give up my career, I studied over 5 years to get this degree...;-(.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010