Is this a real diet?

At my docs office today i was given a printout of the three day diet...from the cardiac unit of birmingham ala hosp..you follow this extreme strict light diet for 3 days in a row..nothing extra and no substitutes..then the next 4 you eat what ever you want with NO over eating..and its proven there to work..its a diet for people who need to lose lots of weight fast before surgery..up to 10 lbs a week???????????Anyone????

peachface21

Asked by peachface21 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I followed one similar from the Mayo clinic and it worked. I dropped 7 pounds. But you also have to stay active, exercise and what not, and when you do switch back you don't eat what ever you want. You still need to eat healthy and in small portions. This diet is to help you train your body to eat less.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Is it the one with the boiled eggs, tuna, carrots and peanut butter on toast? I tried it, it did nothing. Weight watchers worked.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I guess so. http://www.thedietchannel.com/Cleveland-Clinic-3-Day-Diet.htm
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The faster you lose it, the faster you will gain it back...I would suggest just eating 4-6 small balanced meals throughout the day. Plus exercising 3-4 times a week (or whatever you can fit in, any exercise is better than none). You should really only be losing 2-5 pounds a week...

Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, that is an actual diet for cardiac patients before surgery. Sounds awful to me! lol
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• try ww
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no thanks LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yup thats the one!!!!!
    peachface21

Comment by peachface21 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010