i made the mistake of putting my 7 mnt to bed with me !!! now what???

what do i do to put him back in his crib he wont sleep unless hes in bed with me our house is real small so his crib is inches away from my bed i think he jnows im right their

babyboydom

Asked by babyboydom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait until he is in REM sleep to transfer him over.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think you just have to let him cry it out. It may take some time, but he'll get used to it. I think it'll probably just be harder on you than it is on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My one year old wakes up after I put her in the bed. And my way she head when she gets up.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son slept with me...I can't help you. It worked for me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Why do you want to put him back? You can, also side car your crib. Babies were meant to sleep near their mothers.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Only "mistake" you made was thinking it was a mistake. Wait till baby is well asleep and then move him. And expect him to wake. He's NORMAL and you did NOTHING wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• How did you get him to sleep in his crib before? Try that again. Consistency is the key. Sure he knows you are there, but he can remember how to sleep on his own. You have to do what is right for your whole family, and that includes you. If having him sleep with you is not working out (and obviously it's not or you wouldn't be asking for help) then just do what it takes to get him back in his crib. When DS slept in our room (bassinet) I would put him down, soothe for a while and walked away, but checking in every 10 minutes to soothe him until he was asleep. If he woke and stirred I would let him try to work it out before I stepped in, but if necessary would repeat the 10 minute cycle of soothe/leave.

BTW, any form of CIO seems to be very unpopular with a lot of people on CM, but it works really well for a lot of families. Stick to your guns about what you think is right for your family, and let other do what works for them.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 4:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010