How do you think this affects kids?

Video: Angry mom removes kids from school

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38880820/ns/us_news-life/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's very sad.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• saw the video of mom who pulled kids out of school for this and I think she is right. The school is wrong and I would not want my kids in that school.
    The kids will see and learn on how the parents act and they better protest to show the school is wrong.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• WTF is wrong with people.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• that is awful, I myself am not white...I would seriously be bothered by that rule! I am speachless. It definately affects me in many ways, and wondering about my sons future!
    JanetCG

Answer by JanetCG at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Russell Taylor needs to pull his head out. how much deliberation does he need to see how utterly jacked up this is?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Wow. Our country has a black president but their school can't. Two steps forward three steps back..
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ridiculous, I do not even see the point..so a black kid can be VICE president but not president..and a white kid cant be the school reporter hmm odd
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That is just so sick...and backward and ignorant. Isn't it illegal to discrimnate on the basis of race? And haven't people grown and learned and matured at all ???
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It is on a rotation? (I am not saying it is right) but I was reading that this was intended to keep it from turning into what it has.. I am getting, that to prevent a white kid from getting president every year they did a rotation to be fair to minorities. Am I misreading this?

I can see how they thought it was a good idea, if I am reading it right... but I think it should be any child can run. I am sure if a white kid won every year someones parents would throw a fit but they would have a better chance in court against that than this. I think it is terribly sad that this school was so afraid of a law suit that they even started this rotation... And I am really shocked that this is the first time someone is not okay with it....
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• W.O.W.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010