Would u volunteer in your child's school if you had full-time job, long commute

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• my schedule won't allow for me to volunteer at my sons school unless it is a day off
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 2:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• depends on how long the commute is and what I'm volunteering for
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, how could you if you were at work or commuting? I would love to, but I work full time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The commute is long, not sure how much and in what to volunteer, just trying to get a general idea....
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Actually many of the parents at the school my children attended had full time jobs and were kind of expected to try to at least volunteer once or twice during a school term to show their involvement in their child's education. It didn't have to be some big project that was going on, but something to help contribute to the overall good of the school.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I felt that it is kind of expected, as well as monetary donation, I just have one day a week that relatively less busy
    I don't know....
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Personally, I wouldn't.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When my boys were growing up, I'd volunteer to chapperone
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Let me get this right.... your children's school expects you to volunteer and give monetary donations? Where do your kids go to school? I live around the corner, am a stay at home mom and I no longer volunteer for anything. My days are spent shuttling three kids back and forth to two different schools were all three of them start and get out at different times... I don't have time to do anything...I'm not home for more than 40 minutes at a time. I'm actually still trying to figure out how mom's in my school district even find a way to work. LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010