When do you see name calling..

in P and CE,

and think, wow, that person is insightful, well spoken, and made a great point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I always figure that the name-calling is a last resort because the poster has nothing valid to say any more. So, I just don't pay attention to that poster.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• and think, wow, that person is insightful, well spoken, and made a great point

LOL, I rarely think this even with the posts that don't include name calling. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Never but sometimes it's true. On here it doesn't have to be name calling to be immature and disrespectful. Some people just bring out the worst in a person. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, I don't think that... I am the kind of person who talks to people or on here types to people, the way they do to me. You want to be patronizing? Well you'll get it right back. You want to be sarcastic? I'm down. You want to indirectly insult? Back at ya. Look it's the internet... some women get ovaries of steel on here... some think that if they ruffle your feathers you won't respond with your original intent (to prove them wrong). Everyone is guilty of losing their cool if they claim they don't they are lying.

I will tell you what I think when I see this post though... I see an Anon, who obviously got called a bad name and this is their way(Anon) of indirectly calling the name caller out. This post is EXACTLY what you are "dissing". You are being conniving... but you'll play innocent, maybe get a few people who are too perfect for words, who will blow air up your arse and you'll feel better about whatever this is about.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• haha Grace..

Someone here calls it childish yet called an elderly lady a B ;x
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's rare, but I've seen it a couple of time, lol. Maybe take out the "well-spoken", but I have seen some good insight and a great point, even if their name calling was inappropriate.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That elderly lady was giving you facts, you just thought it was shit. When you figured out  that the elderly lady was hitting  you with

facts,you resorted to calling that elderly lady an insulting name.

I'm sure that elderly lady sets up at night worrying whether you respect her or not.

That elderly lady has seen you start many a fight. I'm sure others have too.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:27 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Quite the opposite, in fact. IMO name calling is what people resort to when they know they have no further valid arguments to present. Its a sign of arrogance and immaturity, and something I have no patience or respect for.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I just figure they know you are right and don't have a real position, so resort to an Alinsky tactic.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Parrish and 29 both state the same thing. 1 has 2 up votes and the other 2 down votes. Wonder if it's schizophrenia or another source of confusion?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010