my 19 month old

is licking everything, from coffee table of people, is that normal?

aparsley21

Asked by aparsley21 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yep. they put everything in their mouth at this age. my ds is 2 and he is still doing that.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, that is normal. It's how they explore and learn their surroundings as well as new things. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It is def. normal but i would try and break the habit ( which i know is VERY HARD) my 3 year just picked up pinworms and ive seriously never cleaned so much in my life.... its horrible so be careful.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Licking? I've seen babies and toddlers put plenty of things in their mouths, but I've never seen licking. You want to put a stop to that habit before he licks something dangerous.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• LOL Yep. My DD started doing the same thing.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 3:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Lol yes, they explore their surroundings by putting everything straight in to their mouth... not always great! I wouldn't consider it too much of a problem as long as you keep an eye on them and prevent them from putting anything unsafe in their mouth.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 4:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• LOL yes. You just have to keep saying NO NO. LOL They wanna taste everything. 2 cute.
    MsAzucar

Answer by MsAzucar at 6:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• HA my son is 19.5 months old and he started doing the same thing! He has never been that much into putting things in his mouth so I was kind of surprised. Most times I just let him, so he can figure out that generally, you don't want to lick things because it leads to unpleasant tastes, lol. Of course I don't let him do it with anything dangerous. but if he really needs to lick a rock? I figure he might do it once or twice, but that's it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010