The USA's current unemployment rate is 9.5%,.........

Do you think that number will increase or decrease by 2011?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• That is a make believe number that I pay no attention to.... It only counts those on unemployment, not those whose benefits are long gone. It is an average of the entire country but not a reflection of the regions that were devastated by job loss. If I am not mistaken, the unemployment number in the area around Detroit is about 30% and where I am, it is more like 16% and that is just the people collecting the benefit, not those whose benefits have run out and they still cannot find jobs.....I'm predict the national average to go up just a touch and level off, for us it is going up more since another one of our Ford plants is getting ready to announce a closure ~ they have decided to move the jobs to Mexico... The statement that the rate is down to 9.5% is to boost moral, give consumers confidence and make some politicians looks good. What they don't realize is we stopped believing them a long time ago.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• hmm.. probably decrease from all the temporary holiday jobs... i hope to find a job soon, even just part time temporary at retail would be nice :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• supposedly but I don't think so, depending on your state there are so many programs for entry level job placement that people need to look into....so many are holding out because they got laid off making 25 an hour.....well in this economy and day and age.....some kid will come in doing the job you just got laid off for making 12 an hour so you have to figure out your cost of living and adjust it and realize you might have to pull 2 jobs to make what you made before at 1 job. It's just the way it is.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 3:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Devasting but no I do not.. THis is why I am self employed and own my own home based Business where I dictate my income and hours and days...THis is why we are expanding so rapidly and gaining 60,000 new members on average a month

This is why the US Chamber of COmmerce has said in 10 years there will be no more Middle Class or Working Class AMerican you will either be wealthy or poor. As well The US COC has declared The only wealthy people will be those that are self employed.

THis is why the USCOC has also said WE ARE IN THE #1 BUSINESS, with the #1 Compensation plan...
    I am currently seeking 3 new People for our expanding team, if you are interested in working for yourself and making even an extra 500-1000.00 a month PT..Message me and we can see if we fit each other
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think the percentage is higher than that ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That is not the real number. It does not take into account those who are unemployed and either no longer qualify for unemployment benefits or never qualified for benefits (for example, owners of failed businesses). It also doesn't take into account people who are underemployed, such as the $100,000 a year attorney now working as a bank teller for $30,000 a year.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The number that is reported is not correct. Based on those that have run out of unemployment or took themselves out of the market - I think the number is around 17%. I don't think it is going to get any better. The jobs that were lost are not coming back. I have started my own home business for this exact reason.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Increase. This map that was posted in Political area was kind of worrisome to me. Play it.  Frown

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It will INCREASE. This economy is in the toilet and shows very little sign of improving anytime soon.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yep,
    Look at me.
    I cant even get a job and I really really NEED ONE!!!
    So Yeah!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010