Wearing contacts? Ouch?

My contacts have been really dry and bugging me lately. Anyone else have this issue?

kwreed

Asked by kwreed at 3:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• Do you have them on backwards?
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 3:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I wore qyuire them a few years ago. They felt like they were trying to suck my eyes out of me they were so dry. I finally gave up and went back to glasses.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Also that brand may not work for you.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 3:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Mine are horrible! I feel for you! Hugs for you! I'll bump it too so you can get more answers! Are you in a Dry area? Not drinking enough fluids? Any meds you're on? I kn ow and get it! I have No eye brows or eye lashes. My eyes are horribly dry. But this is a side effect from Chemo. Hope you find what heps and works for you! I was wearing 7 year old lenses too!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've been wearing this same brand for about 4 years, so I don't think that's the case.
    kwreed

Comment by kwreed (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• do you sleep in them? or have you had them in for more than 2 weeks?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have these really great drops blink to clean they lubricate really well too. I never even feel my contacts except after about 20 hours time to remove them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well I use the ones that you throw away everyday, and I've never had any issues. I usually wear them around 14 hours a day, then toss them.I live in Kansas, and I've never had allergy issues either. I'm not any meds either. This is my 1st pregnancy, so maybe that's why.
    kwreed

Comment by kwreed (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The Oasys/Acuvue brand is specfic to dryness (or so I was told). My old contacts were ALWAYS dry so they had me try them and I never noticed them in my eyes. I got a 2nd pair and those weren't as good so I don't know if I just got a defunked pair or what. I DO know my first pair was awesome!!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can develop eye allergies, meaning allergies to what you eye deposits on the contact. I am.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010