can you help me out w/ my teen?

i have a 14yr old who is very disrespectful to me when she goes over to her fathers house. Her father and i dont get along so he encourages her to be rude to me. I have taken things away from her as well as privalages . any suggestions?

mom61175

Asked by mom61175 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• give her time and she will realize her mistakes, i have gone thru the same thing and i let her see for herself what her father was doing by treating me disrespectful and with time she grew to really love and appreciate the things i had done for her and now she really dislikes her father for the way he behaved and she resents him because she knew he was wrong being a grown up, he should have known better...
    rockingrobin

Answer by rockingrobin at 12:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That is tough... You are going to have to get together with the father to discuss this. There is court appointed advocates to sit with you all if he refuses to get together... That might be what you have to check into...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Take everything away and give no priviledges until she acts like she knows your the mom and you will be respected. Tough love mom
    tellis

Answer by tellis at 9:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• What I did w/ my daughter when she would go to her fathers and come back and act up I finally got fed up! I was the ONE giving her everything and he wasn't giving her anything and she thought she wasn't going to respect me.. I changed her mind when I gave her the choice to either move in w/ her father or start respecting me.. I get the respect. I agree w/ tellis tough love..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree. I'd tell her to stay with dad if she couldn't respect me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008