What are good books for first readers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if you go to a web search and look for teaching supplies... i always found books to read to my preschool class there... they are marked by ages
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 4:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• what do you mean first readers??? Like your toddler? My son is 1, and LOVES books. He reads constantly. He loves looking at books with bright colors,shapes, other babies in it.. pretty much anything.. just make sure you get the ones with cardboard pages if you have a toddler, because they will rip them..
    Anonymous

• Most libraries have the board books you can check out and ours here has them divided into ago and skill categories. My daughter is only 5 months old, but we read to her everyday and she will ohh and ahh at the colors or other babies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I'm assuming you mean books to read to your toddler My son loves the book Brown Bear. As far as looking for first reader books (books for children learning to read)...Anything with rhyme and repetition is good for learning to read.
    Seans_mommy123

Answer by Seans_mommy123 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• for children 1-2 years of age i'd suggest a book with pictures and words. for example: Apple, and have a picture of an apple
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 5:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008