• In the Spotlight:

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Do you believe in love at first sight? Or at least, knowing when you meet someone for the first time that they're supposed to be in your life?

gypsysmiles

Asked by gypsysmiles at 12:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Anyone who has a child should believe in love at first sight. That hits you like a sledghammer. But if you mean romantic love, then perhaps not love, but intense attraction combined with strong intuition that this is someone who will be important to you is real. I experienced that with my husband.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• not me personally but my husband felt he was going to marry me the very first time he saw me and he hadn't even spoken to me. i had an instant crush the first time i saw him at work but the love thing came later cause i had just gotten out of a sad relationship.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• No. I don't believe you can love a person you know nothing about and have just met for the first time. Love is more than an emotion. IMO!

However, it was definitely love at first sight when I gave birth to my son :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Just when i met my son
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think love takes time. But I believe in lust at first sight!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 1:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I never used to believe in it, till I met my current hubby and I actually heard a voice say "that's the man your supposed to spend your life with" Was it the voice of God? I dunno. But it worked for me. 12 years later were happier now that we were at 1 month together.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Not anymore.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Not for me. I strongly disliked my husband the first few months we knew each other.
    RiverDaughter

Answer by RiverDaughter at 2:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Absolutely. The first time I saw my husband, I told the friend of mine who was with me at the time that he was the man I was supposed to marry. And I did...one week later!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008