Question about pediatricians.

My twins were born 2 weeks ago, i had them in another county than our first dd's pedi is in, so we got assigned one in the hospital..no biggie, well i didnt like this woman AT ALL. so we get home and i get a call saying that i have an appt friday(today)to have their 2 week check-up with her..now ive already gotten them assigned to my dd's pedi and are being seen on monday,..she is trying to tell me i cant pick my pedi, i HAVE to see her.is this true? ive already gotten the papers saying they've been assigned to the new doc.it's not like the new doc cant request info on the twins from the hospital pedi.

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 3:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds fishy to me. We switched when my son was around 2 months old with no problem. You are allowed to pick your doctor! I have never heard otherwise!!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Are the babies on Medicaid or something? I'm not understanding. I can take my children to any pediatrician I choose. I try to pick one in my insurance companies network, but really, I could go out of the network if I really wanted to.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• She might be trying to coerce you to stay with her, but I don't see how anyone isn't allowed to pick and choose their own doctor for their own kid, unless your insurance has specific rules about it. But that would be coming from the insurance company, not the doctor.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Call the insurance company. They will straighten it all out. Call the office and tell them you WILL NOT be there.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yes, they are on medicaid.but i recieved a paper in the mail saying my babies were assigned to the pedi i choose(my dd's pedi). this edi we got assigned to in the hospital was all sorts of weird..
    mywonderyears

Comment by mywonderyears (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ok, if Medicaid gave the okay for the doctor change then don't worry about it. It sounds like the original doctor either doesn't understand how things work or she's trying to bully you.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• that sounds strange their is no way they can do that. even if your kids had problems during birth they cant make you see the same doctor (just an example) im saying this because with my son he had to stay one week in the nicu and so when he was out they had assigned a doctor but i didnt knwo this doctor so i had my first appoinment and everything and i didnt like the doctor at all. so i called the hospital (sicne they gave me all the paperwork from the nicu to take to thisother doc.) and theysaid all i had to do was tell the new doc to fax them adn they will send a coppy of all the papers. and they did no problem i didnt even have to give any excuses tothe other doctor. she was very mean sicne i was a teen mom she actually said in my face that she didnt know why teens were having kids that thats why this world was the way it was all messed up
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Call your current Pediatrician and ask them to handle this issue and tell them that you want to stay with their practice. They will handle it for you & advise you.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You don't HAVE to see anyone. It's your choice. The only way you would have any specifications is if your insurance "said so". Even then, there are choices.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The one on the card is the one they see; this other doc is wrong. You don't HAVE to see her just because she saw your babies in the hospital. I saw one ped in the hospital because he was the one doing rounds, but as soon as we were discharged we took DD to the ped we chose.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010