Cluster Feedings, normal for a week old baby?

My daughter will sometimes stay up all night long from midnight until 7 ot 8AM. She demands to eat on and all that entite time. It's not every night but it's very brutal when it happens b/c I get no sleep and have a two year old to tend to the next day. Is this normal for a newborn to want to do this? She is the best sleeper during the day. Waking (or sometimes I have to wake her) to each every two hours or so and then off to sleep again. AT night I rarely have to wake her and then it's a fight getting her back to sleep. My lactation consultant swears this is typical of this age but I wanted to get other people's opinions. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 100% normal. NOT doing this would be unusual.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yep perfectly normal. Sounds like she's going through an early growth spurt as well.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Absolutely normal. You mentioned waking her at night. I wouldn't do that. If she's sleeping, let her sleep!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's normal. Congratulations!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yup, normal
    skylarsmommy825

Answer by skylarsmommy825 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yep. its normal .... but the greatest part it will end soon. Congrats. And don't forget to enjoy even in the middle of the night lol

lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• very normal! very stressful! it will pass and things will get better! i promise. i just went through it a few weeks ago. i feel for ya!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010