I need cute cupcake ideas!

It's my best friend's daughters birthday and I offered to help by making cup cakes (I suck at cooking but I LOVE baking) any cute ideas you've seen or done? Her daughter is turning 5.

SabrinaBean

Asked by SabrinaBean at 3:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I googled animal cupcakes, here's what came up.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I suggest going and looking a some cupcakes books. I LOVE cupcakes. My favorite is baking them in a Ice cream cone and then making the frosting look like ice cream :) Or you can bake the cup cakes and put treats in an Ice cream cone and top with a cupcake :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Betty Crocker makes frosting that comes in cans that look like hair mousse. They are so easy to use!!! They make any cupcakes look terrific, even mine!! Top them with cute sprinkles shaped like stars. I was always so afraid of making them, but they came out so cute. Get pink, blue, white and yellow. Make some of each color. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Check out this website. FamilyFun has cute and easy ideas for cupcakes.

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/cakes-cupcakes/holiday-seasonal-cupcakes/

Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• What is the b-day theme? For princess you can make sugar candy *jewels* and place them on pink and purple cup cakes, If you were thinking more of flavors you can add just about anything to cupcakes. My sons favorite is Hawian. I get pineapple or orange cake mix, add pureed pineapple, oranges, and cherries to a cream cheese and whipcream icing and top with toasted/shredded coconut.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• What is her theme? I have seen people use candy to make animals out of the frosting. Like a mouse would have a couple of gelly fruit slices as ears and a gum drop as a nose and licorice as whiskers.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010